Preparing to sell your business by maximizing its efficiency, earning potential, structure and presentation really pays off. For example, minimizing costs and increasing annual profit by as little as $5,000 could add $20,000 to the sale price. We can help you recast your profit and loss (P&L) to determine your true SDE (Seller’s discretionary earnings).
Naturally you want the maximum price for your business. But setting and asking price too high could scare away potential buyers. While pricing too low means less financial reward for your hard work, there are many ways to value a business. Using a combination of these will usually provide the most realistic price band. The methodology must be accurate and appropriate for your type of business and stand up to expert scrutiny. Every business is unique, making it vital to deal with people who have proven experience in establishing true market value.
An Information memorandum (IM) is a comprehensive document that gives a detailed overview of the business. It must be crafted to ensure it is accurate and represents your business honestly, while adhering to numerous legal requirements and regulations. This includes disclosing anything that may harm the ongoing profitability.
It takes more than setting the right price to find your ideal buyer. Having access to a large database of qualified buyers in your sector means greater competition and a better sale price. As independent professionals, ZBB brokers can discreetly approach buyers we believe might be interested, without divulging information.
Zoom Business Brokers has one of the most experienced group of business brokers in Southern California. Through decades of experience and measurement of our experienced brokers we know how to create effective marketing campaigns. Ads, brochures, web, social media and other communications are carefully planned and executed to attract buyers without identifying your business.
We know that not every inquiry about a business for sale is from a genuine potential buyer. But screening every buyer is often a surprisingly time consuming and difficult process. Actin as an independent third party, ZBB brokers can maintain confidentiality until all potential buyers have been checked for buying capacity – education, experience and finance.
After a potential buyer has reviewed the information Memorandum and expressed interest, they’ll have more questions and will usually ask for further information or documents. A ZBB broker co-ordinates this process, by liaising with the business owner or their financial/legal terms to negotiate a conditional Purchase Agreement without yet supplying sensitive details.
Signing the Purchase Agreement doesn’t necessarily mean the business is sold. Most buyers will want to verify your information during a due diligence period. They’ll also need to review information previously witheheko due to commercial sensitivity. This process generally takes 5 to 5 working days, although for more complex businesses, it can be up to 90 days or more.
Once all the agreement conditions have been satisfied, the Conditions Removals ar signed, and escrow will be opened. Escrow is a means, time period and trust arrangement during which the paperwork required for the sale of a business is processed. Escrow acts as a “neutral” agent of seller, buyer and broker to collect documents, money and to distribute the same according to escrow instructions as directed by the principals.
Less than 1M
- Residual Income, National SEO Company, No Experience necessary – $75,000
- Well Setup Salon in a Busy Location – $75,000
- 5 days Burgers, Sandwiches and More – $90,000
- The best No-Touch Fitness Experience – Franchise Gym – $95,000
- Very Popular Custom Cake Bakery – $120,000
- Neighborhood Coffee and Sandwich Shop in South Orange County – $120,000
- Hamburger Shop - Freestanding with spacious outdoor patio – $130,000
- Auto Accessories After Market -High End – $134,750
- Wholesale Bakery FDA Compliant – $150,000
- Plexi Glass and Acrylic Fabrication Business – $155,000
- Easy Operation Vending Route – Great Locations – $170,000
- High Traffic Breakfast and Lunch Cafe in Upland – $200,000
- ATM Business in Los Angeles Great Opportunity for Passive Income – $210,000
- 26 years old Pizzeria with great reputation and better business during Covid times – $230,000
- Professional Print and Design Shop Serving Simi Valley – $235,000
- Physical Therapy office – $249,000
- Luxury Fitness Center in West LA – $250,000
- 2020 Profitable Semi Absentee Relocatable Residential Cleaning Company – $260,000
- Luxury Franchise SPA Affluent Area in South Orange County Seller Earnout – $270,000
- 20+ Year Family-Owned Automotive Shop With Excellent Reputation – $299,000
- Established and Profitable Auto Repair shop w 7 Bays in Orange County – $299,000
- Top Absentee Franchise Tutoring Center For Sale! – $299,000
- Farmers Agency in Prime Location South Orange County – $350,000
- L.A. Licensed Profitable Structural Steel and Metal Fabrication Company – $385,000
- Very Popular Food Truck with Multiple Locations and high net Locations – $399,500
- Luxury bathroom fixtures manufacturer with seller financing – $495,000
- Absentee High Performing Franchise Tutoring Center – $499,000
- Profitable ATM Business in LA County – $510,000
- Profitable well established flooring company – $550,000
- Profitable Commercial Manufacturer of Slide-Gate Operators with Strong Upside – $595,000
- State of the Art Gym Training Center in Operation Seller Financing – $600,000
- Los Angeles Leading Embroidery and Printing Company – $650,000
- Money making contractor in OC – $695,000
- Hi Volume Hamburger Restaurant w/Drive Thru – $750,000
- Profitable Absentee Run Franchise Tutoring Centers – $798,000
- Highly Successful and Profitable Premier Hobby Store – $799,000
- Long Established Accounting and Tax Company Orange County – $888,000
More or equal than 1M
- Well Run CNC Machine Shop in Orange County – $1,000,000
- High Income ATM business in LA County – $1,125,000
- Garage Doors, Gates, South Bay-OC, SBA qualified – $1,195,000
- High Volume High Net Retail Bakery in South Bay Seller Carry – $1,300,000
- Remodeling Contractor in Orange County – $1,300,000
- Post-Secondary School In LA County -Two Locations – $1,650,000
- Highly Successful and Profitable Commercial Plumbing Business – $1,700,000
- 40 yrs old Durable Medical Equipment Distributor Real Estate Available – $1,800,000
- Well-Established Aerospace Manufacturing Firm In California – $2,200,000
- Funeral Home with Real Estate in LA County – $3,000,000
- Structural Steel Fabrication Company with long book of business – $5,000,000